I think my bangs are a little too long... what do you think??
I've been working on growing my hair out for 1 year and nearly 5 months. In this time, I've gone to the above picture, from this one:
Not bad... I'm not really good at being consistent with my hairstyles. I've been impressed with how long I've kept committed to growing my hair out! It's changed colors of course... and it's been shaped up to suit it's various lengths in the meantime... but I've continued to let it grow. I think I just have really bad hair ADD. I think I kind of live vicariously through my hair... if that is even possible. My life isn't terribly exciting, so I make up for it with changing my hair constantly. haha.
I got my first real urge to change it the other day... I saw the picture below in a catalog for a new line we're picking up at the store called Coal Considered.
I LOVE her haircut. There are a couple of other pictures of this same model in the catalog, and the back is all asymmetrical, where it's really short in some spots and kind of long and wispy in others. My only objections to this kind of haircut are:
- I don't wear hats on a daily basis, and I don't know if it would be this cute without the hat.
- When I had really short hair, it added 10 pounds, because my face is wide and my features are kind of flat. That, and when I gain weight, I show it in my face first and foremost. I could just lose 10-20 pounds, but realistically, I like cake. I can't guarantee I wouldn't gain it back oh say, around my birthday. Or the holidays.
So if I don't cut it short again, I would keep growing it, so that it would be really long. Like in the picture below:
Yes, I know she's asian. And that I am not. But this is the general idea, if I were to keep it long. What do we think? I think maybe the short hair would be more manageable for me, especially since I don't wash it that often, but I really like the idea of having long-ish hair. It makes me feel really feminine to have it longer.
Thoughts?




I LOVE shag haircuts! I always seem to go back to some version of them...kaitlyn calls them mullets. lol I do agree with you 100% about short hair adding pounds that aren't there. I was REALLY wanting to cut mine off this week but stuck it out cuz I know that it won't look nearly as good as it did 40 lbs ago. lol You essentially already have a shag, so maybe buy some extensions to play with while it grows? Even if we hate our hair currently, we just have to keep telling ourselves how beautiful it will be when it's nice and long and everyone's jealous. I honestly think it will be 2 years before mine is the perfect length (about as long as in your pic) so we can encourage each other!!
ReplyDelete