Ok so I've figured out a few things in the past couple of days:
1) I'm TERRIBLE at posting and updating a blog. I haven't even been updating Twitter or Facebook, and I ALWAYS do that.
2) I want to go to culinary school, like now.
3) Christmas is just over a month away, and I had no idea.
ANYWAYS.
So since I haven't updated since I was in Texas City, I'll try to remember what all has gone on this past week! What a beating, maybe I should just do my best to update sooner :)
Since Texas City I have:
-Not received a call back about my interview.
-Bought a few Christmas presents.
-Led my first service in the main worship center (Wednesday night).
-Taught 6 lessons (Monday, Tuesday, and Friday).
-Decorated for Christmas.
Not much to say about the interview, other than that I've called them a couple of times, and I haven't heard anything back, so I'm not going to stress. I will, however, be putting my resume on Career Builder and Monster to see if I get any hits, and work on putting together some more interviews from there. I know it's in the Lord's hands, so whatever happens, happens.
I bought Andrew and Larry's Christmas presents. Yay!! Two down, 10,000 to go, lol.
I led my very first full worship service Wednesday night in the main worship center, with the whole church body, not just the college group. I was soooo nervous all day long, even though I'd prepared and felt good about the whole thing, but when I started the service, all that just faded away and there was this peace that's just indescribable. Everything went so much more smoothly than I ever could've expected, it was pretty awesome! I gave the greeting, led the songs, prayed, gave the scripture and exhortation, and directed the worship, so I'm pretty proud of myself for being able to handle it. I mean, I never would've chosen this for myself, so I know it's exactly what the Lord would have me do, lol.
I guess I never really fully understood spiritual warfare up until this past week though. I'd been told that when you step into a place of ministry, your life automatically comes under attack, and I thought I'd gotten a taste of that leading Tue:7 services, but I had no idea how tough it could be until this past week. Needless to say, it was a rough week, but I was just kind of shocked at where the attacks came from. I totally expected attack on my finances, on my vehicles, on my animals, on my relationships, etc. All of that was really difficult to deal with, but I think the absolute worst was the attack on my marriage and my relationship with Larry. We haven't had issues like that since we were dating, and I guess I just thought that we were kind of impervious. WRONG! It was possibly the worst week either of us has had in a long time, but it was also really good for us because we had to sit down, talk through it, recognize that we didn't need to be fighting each other, we needed to be fighting together against the enemy or whatever you want to call it. We really had to examine ourselves and our relationship and look critically at how we treat each other and try to spot any other weaknesses that we might have to deal with in the future. It was really healthy, in a way, to have to be perfectly honest with each other and lay it all out, so to speak. We identified things that we both need to work on, and really just reconnected at a basic level.
So that's that part of it, lol.
Lessons. Meh. There were six, they were spaced out over three days, and they're all getting ready for Region. The End.
Aaaaaaaand last but not least, I decorated for Christmas at the store. Fun times. We have about 10,000 Christmas trees, 100,000 lights and lots and lots of sparkly ornaments. Yay beebs! But, we're not allowed to play Christmas music til after Thanksgiving. Bleh.
Anyways, that was my GIANT update. I will try to be better about writing on a more daily basis so it's not a hundred pages long next time.
Looooove!
xoxo, schmashmelia
No comments:
Post a Comment