But instead of trying to catch up on EVERYTHING that happened over the holidays, I'm just going to start fresh. Capiche?
Anyways. Taxes: we're going to be getting a HUGE (read::GINORMOUS) tax refund back this year. Between Larry being in school (we get to claim deductions for his tools AND books!), and having taxes withheld from our checks at a higher rate (paranoia from the days of 1099's... not an issue now that we have W-2's, but hey, better to be safe), we're going to be getting a lot back!
Which leads me to my next topic: Couches. As soon as we get that refund we are a) paying off Larry's credit card, b) paying off my credit card, and c) buying the following couch! Huzzah! We're super excited about it. We've never bought a couch before, so it's like this new adventure, discovering the things we love and hate about designs, colors, fabrics, etc. We've learned through the process of searching for the perfect couch that we're both really into mid-century (to be more specific, 1960's-ish) design. Pretty much everything we picked out was mod, and we hope to be getting rid of the existing entertainment center (because it's HUGE) and replacing it with a smaller, more "us" style. But anyways, here's the couch, and the color we're getting it in!
So there she is! I can't wait to get it in the house and get rid of our uncomfortable futon. Not that it hasn't served us well, I'm just super excited about having a REAL couch. And one that we picked out, to boot!
As for the nail polish, I've been looking for a really good neutral color, and I found it! OPI's You Don't Know Jacques is my new favorite color!
It's almost purple, almost brown, almost gray, and all shades of lovely :) Like I said, my new favorite!
Aaaaaaaand for that last bit of news, I'm going to Colour Conference in Sydney!!! I'll be leaving either Sunday night or Monday (March 13th or 14th), and flying back Sunday (the 20th) in time to be back to work bright and early on Monday morning! I'm going to be so exhausted, but it's going to be so much fun and I can't wait!!!

I love your couch! I see what you mean about the space-ship effect in the black, but the cognac color will really bring out the mid-mod in the design. Did I mention I LOVE? :-D
ReplyDeletep.s. I love that nail polish. Are you wearing it in the Axxium gel? I NEED to try Axxium!