It would be late September, at a vineyard somewhere in the hill country (Fredericksburg or thereabouts).
There would be a bounce house and/or trampolines.
We would have an extravagant buffet for our closest family and friends, featuring fried chicken and chicken-fried steak, mashed potatoes, all sorts of buttery vegetables, multiple gravies, homemade Parker House rolls, and of course, sweet tea and Dr. Pepper. Plus that open bar thing that seems to make everyone happy! The food would be served in vintage mismatched silver chafing dishes, and drinks would be served in rose and jade glass tumblers. Plates would also be vintage mismatched china, with embroidered linen handkerchiefs as napkins.
For dessert, we'd have that precious wood grain wedding cake (red velvet, of course!), and a snowcone machine.
When it got dark, I'd have a pretty handmade shawl to cover up with, and we'd bring out coffee, hot chocolate, and hot toddies to keep us warm.
We'd light firecrackers and sparklers, and we'd have a huge bonfire made of mesquite and pinion wood as the party carried on after sunset. Some of our closest friends would bring out their guitars, and we'd all kick off our shoes and sing and dance to acoustic covers of our favorite songs under the stars.
Can you tell I've been dreaming?? Sounds like the most lovely thing I could ever imagine!
xoxo,
schmash
Aw, it sounds beautiful. :)I'd be there in a heart beat! I love your shoe choice, it's precious. I also love your ideas for china, I wanted that for our wedding but couldn't afford/source what I wanted in time. I love indie/vintage type weddings. Offbeatbride.com was always a joy to browse for that reason. :)
ReplyDelete