So here you go, a couple of the thrift treasures I picked up this weekend with Michelle Coiner! Lovely, lovey vintage green polka dot wrap dress:
Even though I really suck at tying bows... I love the bow detail. I think that's my favorite part :)
This lovely bag, which, I'm not sure is actually vintage, but is gorgeous and the perfect size for me to carry me around every day.
You can already see I've stuffed more "stuff" into it than it was every meant to carry... but eh, what can I say? I like my stuff.
And HERE.... drumroll please... is what I made for dinner tonight! Creamy chorizo and chicken soup! Adapted from this recipe.
I tweaked just a little... I sauteed the chicken with onion, and I scaled the recipe down a bit so it wouldn't make such a huge batch (it still made a TON!!). The chorizo I bought was pretty spicy, so I omitted the mexican stewed tomatoes, and I added a can of corn.
I think it would be really easy to make vegetarian, or even vegan. Instead of using chorizo, add a can of tomato paste, and instead of chicken, use tofu. If you live somewhere that doesn't have a ton of hispanic influence... coughcough.... Australia... you'd be able to add a teaspoon of paprika and cumin, and you'd be good to go with much the same flavor!
And one of my personal favorite ways to eat cauliflower... coriander roasted!
1 head cauliflower, rinsed and cut into florets
2 Tbsp. EVOO
1 tsp. truffle oil (or not... I just like the taste!)
2 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. cumin
pinch nutmeg
After rinsing and cutting the cauliflower, pat dry and set aside.
Combine oils and spices in a glass bowl or jar, let sit for at least half an hour.
Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking pan with foil. Toss cauliflower with oil and spice mixture to coat thoroughly, spread on baking sheet. Bake for 20 min, turn cauliflower, bake additional 10 minutes, or until crispy.
Voila! Enjoy :)
xoxo
schmash
No comments:
Post a Comment