I caught my microwave on fire right before work! Weeee!
It's cool. I smothered it, and opened the windows to let the apartment air out. It's kind of freezing outside though... so I tossed another blanket into the puppies' crate before I ran out the door. They like to snuggle, plus, they have fur coats. They'll be great.
In other, non-combustible news, I'm working on some tshirt designs for a startup nonprofit called Love Help Teach. It's aimed at providing living necessities (shoes, shelter, food), education and medical services to the children of a Roma (gypsy) village in the Ukraine.
The foundation is being started by a friend from work's aunt and uncle, who travel to the village several times a year. The process of starting the foundation began when they were unable to adopt a little girl from this village, but wanted to improve her (and all the other children's) quality of life. Their main focus is children, but they do provide for the needs of adolescents and adults in the community as well.
They do not, as of yet, have an official website, but I'm going to get as much information as possible from my friend at work, and I'll be updating about the foundation (as well as posting design ideas) along the way.
For an article with basic information on the Roma people, and their history and presence in Ukraine, see this article.
I know, it's wikipedia, but if you're careful to check the sources cited and use other references to verify the veracity of the article, wikipedia can be a great tool. Anyways, this isn't a research paper, this is my blog. So there.
No comments:
Post a Comment