And so little motivation to do it :) hahaha.
I've been SO stressed out over the past week that I've had ZERO energy for the past two days. Bleh. I hate feeling useless and unproductive! So I cleaned up a lot at the store today and brought home a bunch of the store dishes and the bathroom rug so I could wash them. And then I did our laundry and put our sheets on our bed since Larry had so kindly put them in the wash this morning when I left for work and even put them in the dryer when they were done! What a great hubbs :)
So my interview went really well on Tuesday, and I got the job, of course :) They met me at my salary requirements (which is dirt cheap for them I'm sure, but effectively doubles my income...), I will have full health coverage through Cigna (PPO, all I'll have is a regular copay), I am eligible to contribute to the 401K after 90 days, and they have a corporate membership to LA Fitness ($20 a month for me, which is waaaaay cheaper than what I'd normally pay). I don't know if/when I can add Larry to my health coverage, and how much it will cost if I can add him, so I'll have to find out about that. I also have 15 days PTO every year, plus 9 paid holidays. All in all, it's a pretty sweet deal. I just hope I can adjust to having a desk job.
AND TO THE 8-5 I'LL BE WORKING. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRHHHH.
I'm not excited about that part, but it's worth it. With Larry starting school soon, I'm going to need to have something stable. Not to mention the health insurance.
Anyways. That's about it. Oh. Except for I didn't even mention what I'd be doing. haha. See? Useless :) I'll be in Production, which basically makes me a glorified editor. Except for I have kind of the final say on products going to the client, I'll be proofing and editing, researching product descriptions, and generally making sure it looks cool. Not as graphics-intensive as I would've liked, but all the members of the team I'll be working with are graphics veterans, so I'll have the opportunity to learn the entire Adobe Creative Suite (including Flash and a little Dreamweaver) from them. So that's pretty cool. Anyways, I'm brushing up on my AP stylebook skills, as well as reading the Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign "Classroom in a Book"'s.
We'll see how it goes :) That's about all I've got for now, and the hubbs just got home, so we're going to hang out!
love,
schmash
Aw, it all sounds so great! Maybe more structured than what you might have hoped for but this experience is going to be so invaluable when it comes to your future as a designer. I'm over the moon for you! Imagine all the contacts you'll be making....yay!!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry you are stressed out at the mo' but thrilled to bits that you've taken this job and are moving forward in your career. Feels like a big big win to me, and I hope you feel the same.
I love you beebs. xoxo I hope to hear your voice soon!