Monday, March 15, 2010

It's Monday!

And it's a beautiful day here. Breezy, right at 65F, and sunny! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day to kick off spring break. Since I don't have any lessons this afternoon, I'm thinking of a bike ride... going to the park... you know... outdoorsy, sun-shiney sorts of things. haha.

Forgive me for not updating in a while, last week turned out to be really stressful. Long story short, I ended up being the principal for last night's Sinfonietta of Ft. Worth concert, and I spent every spare minute last week practicing for it. I was freaking out about all the music, so it's probably better that I didn't write about that, it would've just stressed everyone else out, too. However, all the practice paid off, the concert went REALLY well, definitely not the best performance of my career, but up there. Probably top 20 for sure.

Now that the concert's out of the way, the only thing I have to stress about is my interview tomorrow. Haha. It seems there's always something for me to stress about. Oh well. It'll be over tomorrow afternoon, for better or for worse. Obviously, they liked me the first time around, or they wouldn't be calling me back. They already know pretty much everything there is to know about me as a professional, so I'm guessing my lack of corporate experience and degree in the field aren't an issue for them, since they already know that and are calling me back. I know I have a lot to offer; I'm creative, I'm a self-starter, I can think and problem-solve on my own, and I know when I need to take the initiative and when I need to sit back and let someone else lead, or even ask questions when I need to. I have a lot of experience with all the programs they use, even if I don't have a degree. I have excellent recommendations from every single one of my previous employers. Blah blah blah... excuse me for self-assuring at the moment, it's how I deal :)

Anyways. I'm going to get my hair cut tomorrow morning after a lesson at 9, and then I'll grab lunch and head to the interview. Hopefully Melissa's suggestion for my haircut won't be too outrageous for this company :) But I've already decided that I'm not going to sacrifice my young-ness and uniqueness to be a grown-up for this company. I may act like an adult, but I certainly don't want to look like a middle-aged corporate business professional. I'm okay with young-ish corporate business professional :) Besides, they like that I'm young. And creative people should dress creatively, right???

Peace and love,
schmash

No comments:

Post a Comment