Today was the most PERFECT Texas spring day! We've actually had some crazay weather here recently (read: tornadoes, wildfires, dust storms, etc.), so today was really, REALLY beautiful, by comparison.
I love springtime in Texas. Well, spring and autumn really, the tiny slivers of the year when the temperature is not extreme at either end of the spectrum.
The high was about 80F, with just enough of a breeze to keep the air from getting stuffy. Low humidity, and those perfectly wispy clouds floating high overhead, making the sunlight more of a glow than those harsh rays we get beating down on us during the peak of summer.
Someone nearby our apartment had a charcoal grill going just as the afternoon started to turn into evening, and the breeze blew in the grill smell with faintest scent of cottonwood and fresh-cut grass through the open windows.
Days like today are few and far-between it seems. We just had all that crazy weather, and then it's supposed to start storming on Wednesday and continue into next week. I guess tornado season is upon us.
I'm so glad I had the day off to enjoy this perfect day. And better yet, Larry and I got to spend it together, at the Main Street Arts Festival. He's sleeping now, and the crickets have started singing (loudly) outside our windows. There's a trace of citronella lingering, some neighbors must have had dinner on their back porch.
So perfect, so utterly perfect. There's not too terribly much that I'll miss about Texas when we eventually head out, but I think days like today will be up pretty high on that list. But that's a completely different post entirely :)
xoxo,
schmash
I bet that days like this day are what it feels like in California every. single. day. lol No matter what time of year I land in LAX, it's usually in the morning, and it's always FREEZING!! Okay, not freezing, but def in the 60s. I would love to live there!
ReplyDelete