Monday, February 14, 2011

New Furniture!

We got our tax refund, and after we paid off our mattresses, tires, and almost the credit cards, we decided to replace the futon and the IKEA entertainment center with some "grown up" furniture, as I like to call it.

I can honestly say, I've never felt like more of an adult than when we were shopping for furniture. Did I feel like an adult when:
  • I got married? Nope.
  • Graduated College? Nope.
  • Bought cars? Kind of.
  • Moved back home to save money? Definitely not.
  • Got a "big girl" job? No.
  • Bought furniture? Yes.
Is there something wrong about that? I always knew I was just a little off, but that just seems downright weird. Meh. Who cares. I'm happy, and we have some BAMF furniture. I just need to buy some sweet wall art, and we'll be ready to entertain our adoring fans! Haha. But seriously. Look at our furniture. It's awesome.

Feel free to ignore the bikes for which we haven't bought a rack yet, the lack of throw pillows, the crappy lighting, and the weenie dogs staring at the camera.

1950's plaid sofa and 1960's buffet (which we're using as a TV stand/console) from Moderne.

1960's Eames-style "Larry" chair from Lula B's Antiques.

I'm thinking of starting a collage of wall art, with prints bought from Etsy and thrifted vintage picture frames. I don't know yet, it's just an idea. I'll post pictures of what I want when I actually figure that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment