Soooooo.... it's been WAY over a week since Thanksgiving and/or the last time I posted anything of consequence. Meh. Oh well! Here I am now.
Thanksgiving? Hmm... it was spent in Arkansas. It was about as exciting as you can possibly imagine. Highlights involved:
-Driving all night to get there at 4:30 a.m., and getting up at 7:30 after a *brief* nap to cook Thanksgiving dinner with Larry's mom for the entire family.
-Watching Larry's grandpa pull 40 frozen squirrels out of the deep freeze and thaw them on the lawn.
-Riding a four-wheeler for the first time.
-Taking a dog on a walk, whilst riding the four-wheeler.
-Going to visit the dam and the trout hatchery.
-Deciding to drive back home, once again, in the middle of the night because we couldn't stand to be in Arkansas anymore.
There you have it. I *think* I've had all the redneck experiences that one lifetime will allow.
What else. OH I did Mel and Chris' invites for the reception/party/meet and greet they're doing while they're here. And while I just found out that it will be held at "Light of the World Church" and not "Light of the World Lutheran" I think people will find their way there. Whoops. Totally thought it was the same thing. If you are not, in fact, Melissa (as I'm almost positive she's the only one that reads this...), and you would like to view them, you may do so by clicking here.
Speaking of Melissa, she gets in town in like, A WEEK AND A HALF!!! I'm so excited :) We're going to have so much fun!!
In other news... let's see... Larry quit his job at the church and is officially working full time at Covenant and it's many campuses running sound and such. He's working full time hours, but he has to do that for a little while before they will hire him on as full time staff, with benefits. But we're kind of thinking January-February, so we'll just hope for the best. That would be REALLY convenient, because my health insurance runs out on January 22, so at most, I would be without it for maybe a month. But we'll just have to see.
And apparently since Larry quit his job at the church and we were out of town for Thanksgiving, that means that we just completely don't care about the church and we're not committed. It's a load of BS as far as I'm concerned, because we were out for less than a week. But you know, whatev. I just literally don't have any patience for drama at this point, so I really don't care that Tim just decided to not tell us about a show we had. And other stuff like that. Meh. If he wants to act like a child, it's honestly his loss. It's not like either of us were getting record deals or anything out of being in the Tim Ingram Band. But now he's out a bassist and a vocalist. Good luck!!
However, he texted me this morning to see if I wanted to lead with him tonight at Tue:7. I don't know whether to think he's actually come to his senses and realized he was acting like a baby (not likely), if he just misses us (HIGHLY unlikely) or maybe if he plans to push me off stage in hopes of causing serious injury and/or death (again, unlikely, but I'm kind of leaning towards this one).
OH well. I guess we'll see what happens tonight. I have to leave right at the end of Tue:7 tonight because I have a rehearsal from 8:30-11, so I'm sure that's going to go over well. I kind of have the feeling that he's already made up his mind about our future at HighRidge, so I guess there's really no sense in worrying about it. I can't do anything either way at this point, so I'm just going to keep running with it and see what happens.
Christmas concert with the Sinfonietta is this Sunday! 8:15 p.m. at Orchestra Hall in Fort Worth. We'll be playing Colombian and traditional carols, as well as selections from Tchaikowsky's Nutcracker Suite. Fun times!! Especially since tonight is rehearsal 2 of 2. Lol.
Ummmmm. I don't think there's much else going on. But I might remember something later and post it. (WHAT?!? Two posts in ONE DAY??) Yeah actually I wouldn't count on that. We know my track record :)
xoxo
schmashmelia
PS - We have access to a Wii and I really want Mario Party Wii. Just sayin'. If someone could hint to Larry, that'd be great. K thx bye :)
No comments:
Post a Comment